And so Castles Made of Sand Fall into the Sea, eventually… (Jimi Hendrix)
Ben Kalina introduces his new documentary film, Shored UP. Ben experiences life on a barrier beach by spending a hurricane on Long Beach Island, NJ when all have left except for rescue personnel. Hear also accounts of beach life on Long Beach New York where surfers arrive be subway.
Shored Up is a feature documentary about our disappearing coasts and our irrational yet romantic urge to live on the edge of a sea that surges with unimaginable power. It's the tale of living on the edge on barrier islands - some of the planet's most dynamic land - and the people whose passion for the ocean compels them to live at this tumultuous intersection of water and sand. Because when you love something wild, and you move in with it, there’s going to be drama. See two trailers at Kickstart.
New Episodes 2nd and 4th Wednesdays live at noon Eastern Time.
"All Together Now" ORI MP3 file
Past Episodes (14 in 2009)
Available on iTunes, Search "Moir's"
10. Alternatives for Community and Environment, Environmental Justice for Boston
9. Massachusetts Ocean Partnership
8. Salmon + Shad + Sturgeon = Healthy Ecosystems
7. Right Whales, Wrong Shipping Lane: Feds Shift Ship Lane in Defense of Whales
6. Ocean Literacy with the Banana Slug String Band and Craig Strang
5. Saving Salmon and Westfield River Wildlife in MA Berkshires
4. Right Whales, Right Plankton, Right Ecosystem
3. Blue Visions and Seaweed Rebels
2. The Race for Salem Sound and Coastwatchers
1. NE Rivers, Dams, Salmon and What You Otter Know