Dolphins in Florida are dying from too much nutrients washing into waterways. This episode Captain Nancy Beaver of Sunshine Wildlife spoke with Rob on Moir’s Environmental Dialogues about the plight of Indian River Lagoon, where human activities are colliding with wildlife resulting in "marine mammal unusual mortality events." Captain Nancy has observed much while educating school groups and families out on the water with Sunshine Wildlife Tours. She is a certified Coastal Master Naturalist by Florida Atlantic University and has been directing education programs since 2000. Captain Nancy is very concerned and spoke at length on the natural history of bottlenose dolphins, manatees, turtles, wood storks, ibises and magnificent frigate birds of the Indian River Lagoon. Listen to Captain Nancy’s recommendations on what we each can do to help save Indian River Lagoon wildlife. Save dolphins, sign ORI's letters to Commissioners.
New Episodes 2nd and 4th Wednesdays live at noon Eastern Time.
"All Together Now" ORI MP3 file
Past Episodes (14 in 2009)
Available on iTunes, Search "Moir's"
10. Alternatives for Community and Environment, Environmental Justice for Boston
9. Massachusetts Ocean Partnership
8. Salmon + Shad + Sturgeon = Healthy Ecosystems
7. Right Whales, Wrong Shipping Lane: Feds Shift Ship Lane in Defense of Whales
6. Ocean Literacy with the Banana Slug String Band and Craig Strang
5. Saving Salmon and Westfield River Wildlife in MA Berkshires
4. Right Whales, Right Plankton, Right Ecosystem
3. Blue Visions and Seaweed Rebels
2. The Race for Salem Sound and Coastwatchers
1. NE Rivers, Dams, Salmon and What You Otter Know