What is Slow Release Nitrogen?
It is a nitrogen that, due to a coating, takes time to be break down and be released into the soil.
Why use Slow Release Nitrogen fertilizer?
There are several benefits of slow-release nitrogen in fertilizer.
- Allows for more uniform
grass growth (less flush growth attributed to
unwanted thatch and
possible disease problems)
- Healthier soils (components
of the fertilizer feed the soil microbes)
- Promotes a healthy root system
- Less likely to burn the lawn when fertilizer is reduced
- Slow release nitrogen fertilizer feeds grass longer
- One application in the fall instead of frequent applications
- Less nutrients are lost to runoff and leaching
- Plants have time to absorb all the fertilizer